A number of us like to begin our mornings with a fresh cup of hot tea or coffee to warm up our bodies and refresh our minds. It’s an unknown fact that it’s not only the caffeine that makes you feel good but also the heat from these warm beverages that have a calming and soothing effect on our body. Hot liquids also have the ability to improve overall health, mental wellness, and performance. Drinking warm water also acts as a natural detox for the body. Read on to know more about important health benefits of drinking warm water.
1. Keeps the digestive system clean and healthy – A warm cup of water in the morning can help cleanse your body by flushing out toxins. Water and other liquids help break down the food in your stomach and keep the digestive system on track. Warm water helps break down these foods even faster, making them easier for you to digest. Drinking cold water during or after a meal can actually harden the oil in consumed foods and therefore create a fat deposit in the intestine.
2. Aids constipation - At one point or another, many of us are plagued by this common stomach problem where we have little to no bowel movement. The strain felt during elimination, accompanied by bloating, is brought on by a lack of water in the body. Drinking very warm water in the morning on an empty stomach can help improve bowel movements and aid constipation while breaking down foods as they smoothly pass through the intestines. Stimulating the bowels will help return your body back to normal functioning.
3. Alleviates pain - Warm water, considered to be nature’s most powerful home remedy, can help alleviate pain from menstruation to headaches. The heat from warm water is known to have a calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles, which can help provide instant relief for cramps and muscle spasms. Warm or hot water is usually better for cramps, as hot liquids increase blood flow to the skin and help relax the cramped muscles.
4. Helps in weight loss - Warm water increases body temperature, which therefore increases the metabolic rate. An increase in metabolic rate allows the body to burn more calories throughout the rate. It can also help the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys to function even better.
5. Improves blood circulation - The fat deposits in the body are eliminated along with accumulating deposits in the nervous system when you drink a glass of warm water. This flushes out the toxins that are circulating throughout the body and then enhances blood circulation. Making sure the muscles are relaxed will eliminate poor circulation and blood flow.
6. Halts aging process - The presence of toxins in the body can lead to ageing faster. Warm water helps to cleanse the body inside out. It also helps to repair skin cells and improves the elasticity of it. Regular drinking of warm water will avoid the formation of acne and breakouts. It also helps to smooth out skin’s texture.